Monday, November 23, 2015

Movies

What makes a great movie? 
            Well i'd like to start off by saying that I really don't enjoy movies. If my friends say they want to watch a movie I yell at them. Why? Because if you're in a group of people that you care about why would you want to sit there in silence and watch other people have fun? Why not go out and do something fun? Socialize. Interact with each other. 

            But, when I have down time to myself, I have found myself enjoying a certain genre of movie. I usually like romances. I'm a secret sap. I love watching others fall in love. Usually a movie that I would consider enjoyable also includes a sad ending. In an article I read, it suggested that we enjoy movies that we can relate to. Well, I don't really love anyone, but I know someday I want to. So, I guess that's why I enjoy romances. A lot of movies I like also involve people being sick, or people making hard choices. Again, something i'm quite familiar with.

                                             Examples: 
If I Stay 
MOVIE TRAILER
(My all time favorite movie) 
"Life changes in an instant for young Mia Hall after a car accident puts her in a coma. During an out-of-body experience, she must decide whether to wake up and live a life far different than she had imagined. The choice is hers if she can go on." (IMDB)
“I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard.” 

“I'm not choosing, but I'm running out of fight.” 

― Gayle FormanIf I Stay ...ugh this quote though.

“I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay 

if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.” 


“I have a feeling that once you live through something like 

this, you become a little bit invincible.” 





A Little Bit of Heaven 
TRAILER
"An irreverent young woman who uses her humor to prevent matters from getting serious has a life-changing visit with her doctor." (IMDB)

Marley: "As I haven't found the right guy yet."
Vinnie: "Oh sh*t, who wouldn't want a girl like you?
You, are just afraid to let them in 
because if you do and they reject you
it is the worst than death."


Bride and Prejudice
"Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice gets a Bollywood treatment." (IMDB)

Crazy, Stupid, Love 
"A middle-aged husband's life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a newfound friend, Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars." (IMDB)

These are the movies that I could watch a million times without getting bored. In the article we read, they also mentioned that in order to enjoy a move, characters that you felt a connection to were important. 
I totally agree with that! 
I love movies that show me something that I want. 
In If I Stay, the main character, Mia, has this amazing family that supports her in whatever she does. She falls in love and has a seemingly perfect life. 
A Little Bit of Heaven relates to me in a way that i'd rather not talk about. I love the fact that the movie ends the way it's supposed to. There is no magical cure. The movie is not considered happy or sad. No one really changes what they do because you're sick. Life continues on. Great lesson in there somewhere.

To be honest,  I like Bride and Prejudice just because Jane Austin always writes amazing love stories. Seeing the Indian version was really interesting. All of the colors and dancing makes for a fun watch. 

Crazy, Stupid, Love is a funny romantic comedy. I love this movie because it makes you happy, sad, and amused at the same time. It's just an epic love story that shows that no matter how bad things get, it can still end up okay in the end. Just because people don't end up the way you expected, that doesn't mean everything just ends.













No comments:

Post a Comment